June 3, 2013
Sheetal’s bail was rejected on June 2, 2013 at the Session Court Mumbai . This was the third bail hearing, earlier, also there was no public prosecutor and it was adjourned and this time again prosecution lawyer was not present. Obviously what is appearing on TV and in the news in the aftermath of the Chhatisgarh attack last week has completely influenced the court. Our next resort is to move for Bail at teh Bombay High Court and hope for justice and humanity there.
Sheetal’s baby may have to be born in jail after all as there is just over one month to go. The only logic for denying bail is that the accused may run away. Here the accused themselves came forward to be arrested so there was no question of running away. Neither are they accused of any violent crime.
Shame on the system.
We have no choice but to fight on to make our democracy behave like one.
- India – That shrinking space for dissent #Protest (kabirkalamanch.wordpress.com)
- Support pours in for arrested Sheetal Sathe and Sachin Mali (kabirkalamanch.wordpress.com)
- India – Democracy needs their song- Kabir Kala Manch (kabirkalamanch.wordpress.com)
- March in Protest Against State-sponsored Censorship on Art and Activism (kabirkalamanch.wordpress.com)
- Meena Kandasamy accepts award in the name of Sheetal Sathe and others #womenrights (kabirkalamanch.wordpress.com)
- Pune’s cultural group members surrender before police (kabirkalamanch.wordpress.com)
- Enemies of the state: The continuing andolan of the Kabir Kala Manch (kabirkalamanch.wordpress.com)